A Unique Boutique in the Heart of Montrose
811 Westheimer, Houston, TX 77006 (Map)
Donations accepted Monday through Thursday, 10:00am – 3:00pm and Saturday, 10:00 am – 3:00 pm.
The Cottage Shop has been a Houston treasure in the Montrose area since 1971. It serves as a job training site for residents, provides a fun shopping experience for the community and generates approximately 13% of The Women’s Home’s operating income.
Volunteers and residents staff the store six days a week under the supervision of professionally trained staff.
What We Sell
The Cottage Shop has a wide selection of new and gently used men’s and women’s clothing, shoes, jewelry, handbags and home furnishings, including a Boutique section and Vintage section with high-end designer brands. The store’s inventory of furniture and household goods constantly changes, but items are always well priced. You’re sure to find a bargain and enjoy a memorable customer experience. Plus, it’s a great way to lend support to a great cause.
Donations – What We Accept
- All clothing – ladies’, men’s, designer, vintage and plus size fashions
- Accessories – handbags, scarves, belts and jewelry
- All shoes – ladies’, men’s, dress and casual
- Home furnishings – home decor, kitchen items, dinnerware, glassware, linens, luggage and furniture (while we cannot supply pickup services ourselves, we will gladly accept delivered furniture donations)
Please note that according to the Texas Department of State Health Services, we cannot accept:
- Items with fillers, including bedding, sleeper sofas or stuffed animals.
- Medical Equipment (wheelchairs, walkers, etc.)
- Cribs, high chairs, strollers, or car seats
- Obsolete electronics (console TVs and computer monitors, printers)